Cheeky Bedroom night lamp

So i wanted to print something in the larger scale, but it was bit tricky because i didn't know what i want to print. After looking around and thinking, I come to realization what the thing have to be. So I stopped at few things.

1. It have to be useful
2. It have to be... you know cool
3. It have to be large scale

So I found this Women's torso at Thingiverse.com (women's Torso)

After getting the file, I messed up in Ultimaker Cura, it was scaled to around 200% which come to 32-33cm high...

So I let it print which taken around 36hours to finish.

 

And then I went to IKEA to get the other stuff that I need to finish my Lamp build.


I got the NYMO lamp shade (19.99 dollars) and HEMMA 18" tall lamp stand, everything can be found in marketplace section in IKEA.
Time come to disassemble lamp stand, witch was not so hard to do.

First thing was to take apart the power switch, you just need use same thin screw driver or some peace of plastic and go by the sides. Its bit holding tight but after bit force it comes apart. Then follows cutting cable in middle so you can take out the long pole. The top peace is screwed on the metal tube and needs good amount of force to take of. Some WD or Acetone helps to unscrew it.

The top of printed model had to be cut out which fitted perfectly and was around 5cm in diameter.
Some sanding and cleaning with small file tools helped a lot. Anyways i wanted to do it one hour or so, and didn't putted a lot of effort in it.

 
Then used some of Gorilla super glue (the Gel one), and glued everything together. In advice better to use hot glue or epoxy, because gluing PLA is just stupid, super glue don't glue it perfectly and it needs time to cure.
Then did some fitting tests, leveling adjustments, running the wire in the model, putting everything back together and boom it's done...



Komentarai

Populiarūs įrašai